See our overview of the Molek Pine Condos.
There are many condos available at Molek Pine in the current 2 towers, and a third tower is being built. One thing you have to keep in mind when looking for a place to live in Johor Bahru is that many available units are not listed online. A few places, like Straits View and Molek Pine have a larger percentage listed online (given that that are targeting expats and also that they are more expensive, real estate agents representing them are more experienced and have more tools available, etc.).
Good places to look for rental condos at Molek Pine are iProperty and Propnet. As you can see below prices can vary by quite a bit and it isn’t obvious from the descriptions why those asking for much more have to offer for the additional price. It is wise to be a wise consumer and know what the current market is. Some factors do affect the price – in general higher floors have higher prices (floor 15 for example is more than floor 5 for the same unit), nicer furnishings will also increase the price a bit.
Many rental agents in Johor Bahru don’t have the skills and experience needed by many expats. This can mean those agents can charge owners a bit higher prices which may then be passed on in the rental price. That price may well be worth it for expats and owners, that will have an easier time renting to expats with such an agent. Some of the units currently available for rent:
- Inside looks very nice (see photos), low floor, 1,075 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 2,600/month
- High floor, 1,800 square feet, 3 bedrooms (+1), 3 bathrooms, RM 2,500/month.
- 1,469 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 2,500/month
- High floor, 1,469 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 3,000/month
- 1,469 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 3,200/month
- 1,469 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 4,000/month