In this post we show several options for rent now at a few of the condos expats favor went renting in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
It is important to remember in Johor Bahru the rental agents work for the landlord. So they are only willing to show you condos which the landlord is paying them to show. Therefore, if you want to see what is available you have to find that out yourself. You can’t rely on your agent for anything other than the ones they happen to have available in their inventory. Some agents are not very open about this and try to make it seem like your options are much more limited than they really are. You have to look out for yourself (you can also judge the forthrightness of an agent by how they explain the market to you).
Propnet and iProperty are good places to look for available units. But for reasons I can’t understand, many units are not shown online (you have to contact many different people to find them which seems like a very inefficient way to operate, in my opinion).
Some of the units currently available for rent:
See our overview of the Lagenda Tasek Luxury Suites
- 1,043 square feet, 3 bedroom, 2 baths, city view, RM 2,000 month
- 1,241 sf, 3 bedroom, 2 baths, lower floor with garden view, RM 2,300 month
See our overview of the Indah Samudra Condo
- 2,433 sf, 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, RM 3,500 month
- 1,365 sf, 2 + 1 bedrooms (+1 under bedrooms usually means a room could theoretically be used as a bedroom, but expats normally wouldn’t want to – very small, often no window), 2 baths (1 has a full bathtub), RM 2,500 month
- 1,365 sf, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, RM 2,500 month